Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year! (belated Christmas post)

Happy New Year! I actually planned on having this entry up last night, but I ended up eating a pumpkin mochi-thing with peanuts and I went into a mini Benadryl induced coma. (GAH, ALLERGIES.) I did, however, watch the live ball drop in NYC with Anderson Cooper.

So - New Years Resolutions! I always come up with a couple of them, and we'll see if I follow them, haha. There's always something refreshing about a New Year, I think.


So, I apologize for not updating (exactly 2 months...), so I thought that one of my New Years Resolutions would be to do that - update on a consistent basis. Granted, I haven't really done anything interesting, but that's okay.  

Although I'm super interested in sweets deco, I've been doing other crafts recently, mainly knitting and crocheting. 

It's a hat! (You can't really see the scarf that I'm working on next to that though.)
My sister modeling the hat. c: It's kind of basket-y looking, but I think it turned out fairly well considering that I haven't really crocheted prior to that.


Crocheted a few scrunchies (on the left of the photo) and made a couple of strawberry pins to give away to the winner of the mini poupee-girl giveaway that I held when I got in the cute ranking for the first time.  I thought that a regular card was a bit plain, so I got a piece of scrap fabric and sewed it on with a sewing machine.

I've also been doing a bit of reading. Primarily Murakami. I finished his memoir What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, and I really recommend it, though you might want to check out some of his novels first. (On the bottom of that pile is his book A Wild Sheep Chase). The library is so useful, I'd say.



OH YES. Merry belated Christmas! I spent my Christmas Eve watching QI with Daniel Radcliffe. Ah, it was highly entertaining. As for gifts, I really asked for one thing -  a Hobonichi Haramaki, which is basically a stomach warmer. I have really bad circulation, so I wanted one, but they sold out before I could get one.


My sister got me a Today is Super Planner. It's quite delightful, but I can't get myself to write in it since it's so adorable. 

I guess I'll have a food post next time... Lots of desserts to talk about, haha.

Happy New Year everyone & have a lovely day. :)

1 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Hey Rin! You've won! :)
Please contact me on my email:
sweetandtiny@hotmail.co.uk

Congratulations! :D

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © ナチュラル系
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com